Sunday, April 22, 2012

Ride Without Limits

23 miles in Bryce Canyon...What's your limitation?
As you all know, I love to ride my bicycle (I can hear Freddie Mercury right about now). I also love helping others any way I can. One of my favorite things to do is talk to groups about my story thereby allowing them to question their perceived limitation. I have been extremely blessed in my life to question my own perceived limitations, break them down, and accomplish things that I never dared dream.

Ten years ago I was working construction with my father with no real plans for the future. College was out of the question; how was a person going to get though college if they can't even write? Plus, college took brains, of which I was lacking of course. Now, I am at one the top Universities in the world pursuing a PhD in biochemistry. What changed? With help from others, I was given the opportunity to take a sledge hammer to the perceptions that were entrenched in my mind. Given my life experiences, I have a deep passion to assist, in any way I can, to bring those same life-altering opportunities to people with disabilities.

Ride Without Limits is a beautiful marriage between my two loves, cycling and helping others. This is a charity ride that raises money for United Cerebral Palsy (UCP), an organization whose sole purpose is to provide opportunities to children and adults with disabilities. Each individual they assist has a very different set of challenges that need to be addressed; UCP can provide the specialized service required by each child and adult. These services can be life-altering for these very courageous people.


Exactly what I look like on the bike!
As a rider I need to raise money to ride in this event. How much, you may ask. Last year I raised just over $2,000, which was totally awesome! This year I am setting the bar high; my goal in $3,000. I believe I can do this! I will be riding the 100 mile ride in September, giving me a total of four months to reach my goal. What I am asking is a donation of whatever you can spare! Whether you can donate or not I ask that spread the word. Please send the link to this post to all your family and friends. Use Facebook, Twitter, Google+, your personal blog, church bulletin, company news letter, etc. Most importantly bring it up in conversation and show your own passion for such an awesome cause!


Watch this COOL video about the ride:


To donate, please click this button:

Thank you so much!

Bradley

No comments: