Saturday, March 28, 2009

My Decision Has Been Made

UNC or Duke; that was the question. So after careful consideration I have chosen to attend Duke University. I chose Duke for two reasons. First, Duke is much smaller than UNC. I felt that I'd get more personal attention at Duke. The labs at UNC were large and I felt that it would be very easy to get pushed into some obscure corner by my PI (primary investigator; essentially my mentor). Second, the Richardson Lab. The Richardson's are to protein structure as Steven Spilsburgh is to film making. You simply can't beat their reputation! In this field there is such a thing as an academic pedagree. To have the Richardson's on my pedagree as my PhD PIs is something quite spectacular. Watch me go there and then decide to go into another lab after rotations, :).

I just made it official about twenty minutes ago by enrolling in the program. Now for the specifics: I will be in the PhD program in the Department of Biochemistry at Duke University in Durham, NC. YIPEE!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations bro, I personally think it was the right decision for you. You will really love it there. Good luck bro. I love you.

Becky said...

That's great ugly! I'm glad you're happy about your decision. Me too, kinda. I'm sad you'll be clear across the country but I am so happy you're going to be doing what you love. Love you!

Mandi Arrington said...

Hi Brad! I don't know if you remember me but we went to Alta together. It is good to see what you have been up to! I hope all is well!