Monday, October 5, 2009

Conference

So this weekend I went to visit Shane's (my bro) and his Family. I got a ride up to Washington with other students that also go to Duke and Shane picked me up on the Mall. We had a lazy weekend sitting around the house, just what I wanted.

Saturday we went to watch my nephew's, Mike's, football game. Mike was injured and couldn't play. The Tuesday before Mike's jaw had a tragic collision with his Brother's, Nick's, knee during a front yard football scrimmage. He had to have surgery to fix two fractures. His jaw is wired shut for a month and he has to have nothing but liquids for six weeks. It's tough but he's a trooper.

We then went to the Priesthood session of General Conference. It was an awesome session with great talks. I love that the Lord has provided a way for us to learn and grow. It makes me so happy!

Sunday we watched conference while Becky was so kind to give everyone a foot massage with her oils. Thanks Becky, it felt great! Sadly I had to go home Sunday evening despite the fact that I have fall break and, therefore, have no class Monday of Tuesday. The bright side is that I can get my homework done!

I hope all of you are doing great. Drop me a line and let me know.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hi BJ. I'm so glad you had a good weekend with Shane and the fam. Conference is awesome, huh? I especially love it cuz I actually have a husband for the weekend! We miss you and can't wait to see you at Christmas!