Friday, August 14, 2009

The Move to Duke!

Here I am in Durham, NC. I have moved into my house where I am currently living with Jeremy, who owns the house, and two girls that are summer interns. The girls are moving out this weekend. I will be getting three new roommates by the time fall semester starts; two girls and a boy. Of course, Jeremy will still be here. Stay tuned for a post with pictures of my new place.


Here I am starting out in Logan, UT.

The drive was long but fun. I got to see a lot of places that I had not seen before. I loaded my stuff in Logan then my friend, Clark, and I drove to St. George where we loaded Dallin (Clark’s brother) who will be attending the University of Georgia. We stayed the night there. The next day we headed to Albuquerque, NM. I drove the U-haul from Marble Canyon to Flagstaff.

Here I am ‘standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona.’ Probably the ‘dump’ city of Arizona.


The next day we went to Oklahoma City. Not much to tell about this day. It changed from desert to grass lands. I drove the U-haul the length of northern Texas.


The next morning we went to the Oklahoma City Memorial. It was a very sacred place; very beautiful.

Here is the reflecting pool.

Here are 168 chairs to honor each victim of the tragic event.


We then drove to Memphis, TN. This is where we started to see the trees. In Memphis we went downtown. It was Saturday night so they had the streets blocked off. There were tons of people! We tried to eat at the Hard Rock Café but there was so many people we couldn’t be seated. We ended up eating al Wendy’s.

Here I am in Front of The Hard Rock Café in Memphis.


The next day we drove to Athens, GA. This drive was pretty much solid trees. We stayed the night in Athens and in the morning we moved Dallin into his new apartment. Clark and I the drove to Durham, NC. After we moves my stuff in we returned the U-haul.

Here I am at Duke!! YAY!


There you have my road trip in a nutshell.

No comments: