Sunday, November 30, 2008

This Thanksgiving was awesome! I went to my parent's home for two days; got to Sandy Wednesday and went home Friday. Wednesday night my dad, my friend, Chris, and I went bowling. I bought some bowling shoes; considering I've gone ~10 times this semester already, I thought it'd be a good investment.

Thursday was Thanksgiving at my sister, Becky's, house. We were there early, ~ 11 AM, and spent the day eating and watching movies. We watched a classic, 'Christmas Vacation.' I also got the chance to meet my two newest nieces, McKinley and Kenadie (sp?). They were so darling and so different. Kenadie was tiny and McKinley was solid. They are both angels.

I went home Friday and cleaned my apartment; its always nice to have a clean home for the last week of class and finals week. For my structural biology class we have to write a publication quality paper; so I worked on that. I also worked on more graduate application stuff. I got my application into Harvard and will be getting three more into different schools within the next two weeks. Luckily I have only two finals to worry about; it'll be nice to get those out of the way.

I did have some fun on Saturday; I went to tw0 USU games, football and basketball. Our football coach was fired earlier this month but agreed to coach out the season. We played New Mexico State. On paper, it seemed like an even matchup. However, I think that the football team wanted to show their coach their appreciation for what he had done for the program. Even though the coach was fired, he had taken a team and greatly improved it. We won the game 47-2. It was a fun game to watch! That night Cal Poly was in town for a basketbll game. Even though we are a young team, Stew knows how to coach and he can put together a pretty good team. Initially, I was worried about this year's team after watching the first few games. But, as usual, they seem to 'gel' as the season progresses. The real test will come when we play BYU in Salt Lake. Go Aggies!

No comments: